Mitch McConnell has put his secret Trumpcare bill on the Senate calendar for fast-track consideration. It’s crisis time, and we need to call Sen. Ron Johnson to urge him to vote no on the bill, and to concur with his stated concern over McConnell’s secrecy and rushed schedule. Even if we don’t get Johnson’s vote, we could indirectly affect other senators’ votes, because Republicans are counting calls.
Here are his office numbers:
- Washington: (202) 224-5323
- Milwaukee: (414) 276-7282
- Oshkosh: (920) 230-7250
Call early and often!
If it’s after business hours you can leave a voicemail. Don’t worry about giving a polished speech. If you have a story about the benefits of Obamacare and/or the impending harm from gutting it, please share. If not, just state clearly you are against the GOP bill, based on what we know about it, so the staff can tally your view.
- Countable: Make calls to your reps directly from the app, info on what’s going on.
- https://resistbot.io/: Sends letters to your reps via texts with this bot! Super cool!
- Flippable: Shows areas near you that are Red and could be flipped Blue, organizing events there.
- re:act: Once a week email with five things to do that week to fight Trump’s agenda.